● Masks are required for all employees, patients, and customers (unless not
possible due to a medical condition).
● Hand sanitizer is placed at the entrance of the dispensary and throughout the
dispensary for customers, patients, and employees to use.
● Partitions are installed at all registers.
● Full store sanitization will take place every 30 minutes, and will include high
contact areas/surfaces, ATMs, and debit machines.
● Frequent hand sanitizing/washing is required for employees
● We have reduced store capacity to 40%, including employees and customers.
● Lines have distancing markers spaced six feet apart, both outside and in-store, to
ensure social distancing.
● Digital menus are available.
● We encourage all customers and employees to stay home if they are sick or
experiencing any potential COVID-19 symptoms.
The State of Massachusetts does not allow any discounts on recreational marijuana products. On the medical side, discounts and promotions are allowed to our medical marijuana patients. For more information about MAC’s discounts, visit here.
No out of state medical cards are accepted in the State of Massachusetts for purchase of medical marijuana.
Mass Alternative Care no accepts debit cards as well as cash. Our facility also has two ATMs on site. At this time, credit cards are not accepted forms of payment. Please ask an associate for all all details when using a debit card in-store.
MAC is open Sunday, 10am to 5pm, and Monday through Saturday, 9am to 7pm.
Under Massachusetts Service Animal Law and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), service animals are allowed to accompany their handlers in the dispensary. Emotional Support Animals (ESA) are not permitted to enter the dispensary.
Marijuana is still federally illegal in the United States. State borders fall under federal jurisdiction so crossing state lines with your purchase is a federal offense.
Yes, as of March 24, 2020 MAC will no longer dispense adult-use marijuana. Once Governor Baker lifts his order on non-essential businesses, MAC will resume adult use sales. MAC is proud to have had its doors open for adult (recreational) use since July 5, 2019.
Adults may possess up to 1oz of flower and up to 5 grams of concentrate on them at a time. MAC places internal limits on certain products due to the demand. Internal limits allow for increased access among many consumers rather than a select few. Up to date limits can be found on our Adult Use Menu.
MAC is open for Massachusetts medical patients and caregivers. For Adult Use, a valid drivers license from any state is accepted.